Ft. Walton Beach and Destin, Florida's Gulf Coast
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a simple yet profound healing modality. In its most basic form Reiki is a technique for stress reduction that promotes healing. But in our modern day hectic life styles, stress reduction has become a necessity. Without the wear and tear of stress on the body, mind and spirit we could connect to the innate wisdom of peace and wholeness that lies within. This innate wisdom only knows of wellness and peace.
Reiki is a bio-energy therapy of Eastern origin, rediscovered in the 1800’s by Dr. Mikao Usui. Eastern medical philosophy has always emphasized the importance of maintaining good health over curing illness, the belief that it is natural to be healthy. Reiki has both preventative and curative qualities. If you have an illness Reiki can serve to cure it, if not, Reiki will promote your health and longevity. The Reiki Therapist incorporates the use of specific hand placements and movements to assist in rebalancing and restoring the energy or “Ki” within and surrounding the human body. “Ki” is the energy or life force contained within every living being. This field becomes diminished or set out of balance by dis-ease and stress. There are two basic principles of a Reiki session, cleansing the meridians or energy lines of the body and balancing of the chakras, therefore creating a harmonious flow of energy.
Rei: Universe: Spirit: Breath
Ki: energy, prana, life
Reiki translates as universally
guided life force energy. Reiki is
the force that animates the
universe. It is the source of life.
Benefits of a Reiki Healing Session:
* Creates deep relaxation and aids the body to release stress and tension,
* It accelerates the body's self-healing abilities,
* Aids better sleep,
* Reduces blood pressure
* Can help with acute (injuries) and chronic problems (asthma, eczema, headaches, etc.) and aides the breaking of addictions,
* Helps relieve pain,
* Removes energy blockages, adjusts the energy flow of the endocrine system bringing the body into balance and harmony,
* Assists the body in cleaning itself from toxins,
* Reduces some of the side effects of drugs and helps the body to recover from drug therapy after surgery and chemotherapy,
* Supports the immune system,
* Increases vitality and postpones the aging process,
* Raises the vibrational frequency of the body,
* Helps spiritual growth and emotional clearing